The T200B is a compact and rugged AIS Transponder, designed for
the demands of the small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure
markets. It meets the Class ‘B’ standard that allows vessels that are
not required to fit Class ‘A’ units to voluntarily fit an AIS Transponder.
When connected to an external VHF antenna and a GPS antenna (not
supplied), the T200B will transmit its own vessel position and data
and receive information from other AIS vessels, shore stations and
navigational aids within VHF range.
The unit is initially programmed by the user with the supplied
software over a USB interface. The T200B is compatible with a range
of computer based navigation programs and chart plotters that
can accept AIS data sentences over a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000
• Small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets.
• Meets the Class ‘B’ international standard that allows vessels
that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ transponders to voluntarily (or
otherwise) fit an AIS transponder.
• NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 compatible
• Ideal for Small Commercial and Leisure Craft
• Automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
• Transmitter off facility to conserve power, or for covert use
• The ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other AIS vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter
• A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within VHF range
• Compact Aluminium Housing